Friday, November 18, 2011

Red Skies at Night

I am so sorry for the delay in posting.  Sadly, my mother-in-law lost her battle with cancer earlier this week and I just needed a little “me time.”  On a happier note…

Today’s post is also from the Sea’s the Day collection from Pam over at Girly Bits.  This polish is special to me because it was created just for me.  I had a vision in my head of a orange-red colored polish like a sunset with gold sparkles.  Maybe you have heard the saying, “Red sky at night, Sailor's delight; red sky in the morning, Sailor's take warning.”  Sailor’s Delight was the perfect name for the perfect polish!

100_1130

It was as if Pam had gotten into my head and new exactly what I was thinking!  The first time she showed me a swatch of what she had made my stomach did flip flops and I started shaking.  It was thrilling and eerie at the same time.

100_1081

Would you believe that I put Sailor’s Delight four days ago?  I have done laundry, washed dishes, and cleaned house in this polish.  No, I do not have a top coat on to protect it either!  I put on four thin coats to suit my desire for opacity as Sailor’s Delight is a orange-red jelly with tiny gold glitter.

100_1069

100_1078

I hate the idea of removing this polish.  Good thing I got two bottles!

3 comments: