Sunday, November 13, 2011

Puppets and Muppets

I was fortunately enough to win a pair of tickets to see Jeff-fa-fa Dun-ham live.  I am a huge fan of Walter, er, Peanut, ack, I mean Jeff Dunham.  Comedy Central aired the Controlled Chaos show earlier this fall and it was hilarious.  Part of the show was taped in Richmond, Virginia and a friend of mine was in the audience. You can imagine how excited I was at the show when Jeff announced that although some of the material he would be doing would be similar, he had added a ton of new stuff to the live show.

jeff-fa-fa

I laughed hard there were tears streaming down my face.  Jeff Dunham is an incredibly talented ventriloquist.  Each of his puppets has their own personality.  It is hard to believe that one man is controlling them.  If you have the opportunity to go see Jeff Dunham live I highly recommend it.

Since this is a blog about nail polish I thought it would only be appropriate to introduce a couple other “puppets” I recently acquired. 

Introducing….Kermit  The  Frog!

frog1

This is actually OPI’s Fresh Frog of Bel Air from The Muppets collection.  It was a gift from my secret pal at work.  I am just not sure how she knew I wanted polishes from The Muppet collection.  Do you think it could have been the picture of the collection I cut out from the Ulta flyer and hung up at my desk?  If so I sure hope Ulta features the OPI Holland collection in a flyer before Christmas.

The Fresh Frog of Bel Air is a sparkly kelly green glitter polish with larger silver hexagonal glitter in a clear base.  I layered it over Nicole by OPI Save the First Dance.  I think it really made the glitter pop.

100_1038

I put on three coats of the Fresh Frog of Bel Air with a topcoat to smooth out the roughness of the glitter.  I wore this manicure for a couple days with no chipping.  This is somewhat surprising since this is a glitter polish.  I haven’t tried taking it off yet but I am sure there is going to be the same difficulties you have with the removal of any glitter polish.

Glitter polishes, you either love them or you hate them.  Personally, I love a little bling on my finger tips so I am giving OPI’s Fresh Frog of Bel Air from The Muppets collection high marks.


Brand                                      OPI                                                                                                         Name                             Fresh Frog of Bel Air
Polish Type                            Glitter
Number of Coats                       3 (for bling purpose only)
Color                                         3.5
color scale of 1 to 4
                   1 – utter crud
                   2 – not so great
                   3 – pretty but…
                   4 – Lovin’ It
Wear                                          3                     
wear scale of 1 to 4
                    1 – chippy, chip, chip
                    2 – don’t wash dishes in this
                    3 – lasted longer than my deodorant
                    4 -  Only super glue is stronger

1 comment:

  1. I got to see him live also this year, wasn't he amazing?? I seriously couldn't breathe cause I was laughing so much.

    This polish is so cute! I just recently got it but I haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete