Sunday, October 30, 2011

The 13 Manicures of Halloween: Round 5

The 13 Manicures of Halloween
 
Just a couple last minute entries.  I will introduce you to the zombie judges and reveal the prize for one lucky contestant tomorrow.  The winner will be announced on Tuesday.  The zombies have a prior engagement on Halloween.  Something about a dinner with some trick or treaters.  Or were they dining on trick or treaters?

On to the entries…

wnw_ghost_mani 

Kristen at The Manicured Monkey said, “I feel like I've been so uncreative lately when it's come to Halloween manis, so here is one I did on a whim. I was however inspired by Jen from Jen's Painted Tips. See, this whole time looking at my Bundle Monster 2 plates, I always thought this ghost image was a snail or something.... then Jen used it and said "Oh hey, it's a ghost!". I then proceeded to use it in this mani and another one I'll show you LOL. Thanks Jen for the different perspective! OK, back to the mani. I came home from Hawaii to a Secret Pumpkin package from Jeanie at Midnight Manicures and it included the cute tombstone Wet N Wild Fantasy Makers polish in Black Magic! This polish is a black creme that has green, orange and yellow micro glitter. I think it may be a dupe for Blackmail, so I'll have to compare the two.  Anyways, I did 2 coats then took a fan nail art brush and dabbed Nova from China Glaze on the tip and up one side. Nova is a chunky hex and square holo silver glitter. Then I used Konad special white polish and stamped the ghost! There is some overlap with the glitter and the ghost but it was still a stellar mani, may end up wearing this on Halloween!”

Midnight Spook

Irena said, “Even though I am a beginner at nail art I decided to give it a try, because I love the theme and all the different interpretations! I decided to call my manicure Midnight Spook and I tried to show on each on my nails a face of Halloween; some are funny, some are scary, and everything, except for the yellow witch , is free-handed.  I'm not sure I can remember all the polishes I painted with, but from what I recall, I used:
a nude from Sinfull Colors, Rimmel Lasting Finish- Go Cobalt; Seventeen 279; Sephora- It-girl; Bourjois-Lime Catwalk; Bourjois- Jaune trendy; Golden Rse- 83; a deep blue from Miss Sporty, Essence- 66 Most Wanted and a Konad Nail Art Pen.  I enjoyed doing this mani and I really hope you will like it.”


A big thank you to everyone who entered!  Stay tuned to meet the judges and see the prize!

1 comment:

  1. I love the 15th entry.. I think the eyeball design on her pinky is soooooooooooooooo creepy! Kudos to her.. She's a new nail artist just like me but her entry is soooooo nice and I love it!

    ReplyDelete